There are a crazy number of blogs out there for attorneys, all tempting people to procrastinate at work. But it’s hard to know which sites are truly informative and help small practices manage, market, and grow their law practice. Here are 16 blogs that will help the entrepreneur attorney learn more about how to run the business part of their law firm:
- https://lawyerist.com Lawyerist is an online magazine and home to the largest online community of solo and small-firm lawyers in the world.
- https://www.attorneyatwork.com Daily emails and a website offer ideas, resources, and inspiration for the enterprising lawyer who is committed to building a successful practice and a balanced life.
- http://abovethelaw.com/small-law-firms News, commentary, and opinion on lawyers and the legal profession.
- http://loweringthebar.net Legal humor. Seriously. Sometime you need to have a laugh!
- http://www.attorneymarketing.com/blog I am an attorney, marketing consultant, and business owner. I blog about marketing, productivity, and personal development.
- http://www.abajournal.com We’re the flagship magazine of the American Bar Association, covering the trends, people, and finances of the legal profession from Wall Street to Main Street to Pennsylvania Avenue.
- http://solopracticeuniversity.com/blog The only online educational and professional networking community for lawyers and law students who want to go solo.
- http://www.therainmakerblog.com The Rainmaker Institute is the nation’s largest law firm marketing company, specializing in working with small law firms.
- http://lawbusinessmentors.com/legal-marketing-blog Law school taught you to think like a lawyer. Law Business Mentors™ will teach you to think like an entrepreneur, build a thriving solo practice or small firm, and love being a lawyer again.
- http://myshingle.com Inspiring solo and small firm lawyers and those who want to be since 2002.
- http://lawmarketing.com Since we first began in 1997, LawMarketing.com has been a trusted resource that attorneys and legal marketers turn to for information on the business of law.
- http://www.legalproductivity.com We’re witnessing tectonic shifts in legal services and the way we see it. What better time to have a conversation about new and exciting ideas on how to effectively run a 21st century law firm?
- http://sololawyerbydesign.com This website is designed to provide you with the resources you will need to be successful in the legal business.
- http://www.lawsitesblog.com Tracking new and intriguing websites for the legal profession.
- http://www.smallfirminnovation.com Clio’s Small Firm Innovation delivers first-person insights and advice to solo and small-firm lawyers from leading experts and experienced colleagues on the business realities of running a law practice.
- http://www.mycase.com/blog The MyCase blog offers legal practice management resources for the modern law firm.
Leveraging the knowledge of other people who have been there before can take your practice to the next level. At Legal Ease Bookkeeping, I help attorneys grow their law practice by making financial statements easy to understand, making reports to plainly show how profitable each partner is, giving them more time to bill clients, and providing easy ways to cut costs and increase revenue. If you would like to learn more about how to take your practice to next level, click here to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.